Wednesday, 02 September 2020
We are very excited about reopening The Good Shepherd School tomorrow morning. Staff have worked tirelessly to ensure the school is ready to receive your child(ren), we want them to return to a loving and supporting environment where they feel safe, happy and secure. I am confident that we have taken all necessary measure to ensure this. Over the past two days we have reviewed our safeguarding procedures, including training on reintegrating pupils following school closure. A new Re-Opening Risk assessment has been carried out; this risk assessment is based on the guidelines from the Department for Education. You can find the updated risk Assessment here on the school website.
The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, with its evolution comes ever changing guidance. Having reviewed the latest guidance from the Department for Education, and in consultation with the school’s Safeguarding governors, the school will allow parents to enter the school playground for drop off and collection. This decision was taken primarily for the safety of the children. We want to avoid any further risk to the children caused by lines of families queuing up on Gayford Rd or Rylett Road Please IGNORE the information in the school newsletter dated 17th July 2020 regarding staggered start/finish times. This has now changed. To ensure the safety and wellbeing of pupils and staff the school asks all parents to adhere to the following rules:
1. Only one parent/carer allowed in the school playground.
2. All adults entering the playground must wear a mask or face covering.
3. Nursery and reception children will enter their classroom from 8.45am, parents to line up and wait until their child is called by the class teacher into the classroom.
4. Children must go straight to their line where they will be met by their class teacher from 8.45am. Once you have dropped your child to their line please leave the playground immediately. Parents are not allowed to congregate in the Foundation Stage playground, small or large playground.
5. Wherever possible please use the entrance/exit gate nearest to your child’s line.
6. Years 1 & 2 will line up in the small playground, outside their classroom.
7. Years 3, 4, 5&6 will line up in the larger playground.
8. The school bell will ring at 8.55am, school gates shut at 9.00am.
9. Class teachers WILL NOT be able to hold discussions with parents in the playground before/after school. All urgent messages must be sent via email/telephone to the school.
Where does my child line up for drop off and collection?
Foundation Stage Nursery and Reception classrooms will open from 8.45am, registration at 8.55am. Nursery and reception children will be dismissed from their classroom at 3.00pm
Key Stage 1 Key Stage 2 Drop off
Years 1 and 2 will line up from 8.45am in the small playground.
Years 3,4,5 & 6 will line up from 8.45 am in the large playground. School bell will ring at 8.55am.
Years 1 and 2 will line up at 3.10pm in the small playground, their class teacher will dismiss children individually once they have seen the child’s parents.
Year 3,4,5 & 6 will line up in the large playground at 3.10pm, class teacher’s will dismiss children once they have seen the parent.
Please be assured that class teachers and support staff will spend time going through the new procedures with the children, I have every confidence that they will quickly catch on and adapt. I will continue to keep parents informed of changes/developments to the guidelines, as we move through this new term.
With very best wishes,
“The school’s commitment towards developing pupil’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural qualities is second to none.” OFSTED March 2014
020 8743 5060
The Good Shepherd Primary School
35 Gayford Road, London, W12 9BY