Welcome to St Thomas More Class
2018 / 2019
Hello, and welcome back to school! I hope everyone had a great summer. I am very happy to be teaching in year five again. Here are just a few things I am looking forward to over the coming weeks and months of the autumn term:
- Our trip to the Tate Modern art gallery (a research trip for our Virtual Galleries IT project).
- The 'Romeo and Juliet' English and drama project.
- A visit from the very talented Young Shakespeare Company (their Macbeth performance last year was simply amazing).
- Our Primary Indoor Athletics Award Scheme.
- 'Jump' trampolining sessions with Monika.
- More members of the class gaining membership to my 'Club 144' times table collective.
- Music sessions with our super new music teacher Miss Latham.
- Building on everyone's maths skills as we delve further into maths mastery.
- The 'Lost in Space' / 'Earth, Sun & Moon' topic and science double-whammy.
- RE lessons exploring Catholic faith with Mrs Lavelle.
Please see the autumn term curriculum map below for more detail.
2017- 2018 CLASS ARCHIVE
Who's calling, please?
We have used string telephones to test how sound travels to the ear through different mediums.
Lots of little Beings with a personality,
Each a little different and a little like me.
Lots of little Beings like stars in the sky,
Each one has a different little twinkle in its' eye.
Lots of little Beings like leaves on a tree,
Hanging all together in a Being family.
Lots of little Beings like peas in a pod,
Being all together, being loved by God.
“The school’s commitment towards developing pupil’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural qualities is second to none.” OFSTED March 2014
020 8743 5060
The Good Shepherd Primary School
35 Gayford Road, London, W12 9BY