Year Six Snow Day Work
I hope you've had fun in the snow over the past two days. It's time to get back to some work now, though...
1) Think about everything we've read so far in The Queen Must Die by K.A.S. Quinn. (Google 'queen must die google books' for an online preview version of the first few chapters). You can note your answers in your homework books, we will discuss your answers in class next week.
- Note down the five key events that have happened so far in the story. It might help to note down any events you can remember and then choose the most significant events and arrange them in chronological order.
- Think about the upcoming chapter, the royal family are going to make an impromptu visit to the building of the Crystal Palace. Why do you think the author is sending the family there all of a sudden? What might happen there?
- Think about Bernardo DuQuelle. We now know he is on Katie and Alice's side. How did the author make the reader feel suspicious of him earlier in the book? Why did she do this?
- Choose your favourite character. Sketch what you think they might look like, you can use description given in the text or simply draw how they appear to you in your own mind. Create a mini fact file to accompany the sketch. List the following: their favourite place, their greatest fear, their proudest achievement, and their biggest regret. You will need to use your own imagination to do this, although your answers should fit with the characters we've come to know.
2) Practise for next week's World Maths Day by warming up on Mathletics. We will be having another week-long competition to find the highest scoring class and students in the school! You will find a few activities relating to our last topic of ratio to complete for homework.
3) Spend time reading your home reading books, especially those children who need to catch up with their TCD shelf books.
4) Learn you spellings for your test next Thursday, click on the link below. They are all linked to our Laudato Si Week work.
PGL Day 1
We've arrived!! We are already having such a great time and the food here is delicious. More photos can be found on 6M's page!
Welcome to St Thomas More Class!
This term, as part of our World War II topic, we hope to visit HMS Belfast.
Help Spiderman save the day with this great spelling game.